Friday, December 28, 2012

I HEAR IT!!!!

I HEAR THE PEOPLE SING!!!!!!!
YOU KNOW WHY?!?!?!?!
BECAUSE I JUST SAW THE BEST FREAKIN MOVIE EVEEEEEEEERRRRRR!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
I CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT!!!
The only bad thing about it is that I didn't get to see it with my BLTEam. *SNIFFLE* WHYYY?!?!?!?! WE HAD AN AWESOME PLAN TO SEE IT TOGETHER!!!! WE WOULD HAVE CLAPPED AT THE END AND FREAKED OUT AND EEEELKABGILWALFIBaelfiugkuygulyfgkuywFVUKYf

Deep breath!!!
Okay, I will attempt to not freak out as I re-describe it to you.
We saw it the day after christmas because on christmas day it was packed!!!!

First though, I wanted to remind you to watch my Name Game video!!! If you don't want to bother scrolling down click here. I spent ages making it and I need some guesses! There's an imaginary prize at the end!!!

Hugh Jackman....JEEZ! I had no idea he could sing so well!!! He started crying at multiple points while he was singing and it sounded like "Hetoldmeihavasoul!!!! Howhekno!?!?!? I am reaching...butterfall!"
But besides the parts he was crying to hard for anything to be discernible I think he did a really great job!!
He does a really sweet vibrato...

Russell Crowe on the other hand...
Well, lets say he made me laugh a bit. But not as much as Marius did. HAHAHA!
First off, he already had a disadvantage in my book because he had to sing "Stars" which has GOT TO BE MY LEAST FAVORITE SONG EVER. The only things that I hate more than that song is all of One Direction and a few Taylor Swift ones. I will listen to ANYTHING except "Stars." Infact, whenever I'm listening to the complete symphonic recording I can sit through "A Heart Full of Love" (barf-fest!!!) but when it comes to "Stars" I ALWAYS speed-drag the thingy until the end so I can hear Gavroche sing. But Gavroche's part of "Stars" wasn't even in the movie version!
Aside from that terrible song, I don't think Russell Crowe was the right singer for that part. He hit all the right notes and stuff, but it just wasn't very powerful and when Hugh Jackman and him were doing "The Confrontation" you couldn't even hear him because Hugh Jackman totally pwned him in that song.

Anne Hathaway....AAAAAAHHH!!!!
"I Dreamed a Dream" moved me to tears! But if you ask me that in person I will deny it. She is terrific. She did the acting perfectly and the part where she was dying and reaching for Cosette was so convincing.
She had some...uh...interesting outfits though. I think she should have pulled her top up a bit when she was singing "I Dreamed a Dream" because that dude that gave her a STD was already gone. But I still loved her in this and I am SO GLAD she was chosen!!!

Amanda Seyfried... meh. I never liked her for some reason. That sounds really mean, but I just don't!!
I don't exceptionally like her character and I think her vibrato has always sounded like a chipmunk. She does a good job though!

OOOH, OOOOOOH! Sacha Baron Cohen. HAAAH! He was totally perfect for his role. I can't really say anything else about it. I think he's good in everything I've seen with him in it. And he indeed can sing, so. YEAH!

That awkward moment when your dad asks you the name of the actress who played Madame Thenardier and you don't know and he asks if you recognize her and you say you think so and he tells you she's in Harry Potter and you're like OMIGOD MME T. IS BELLATRIX!!! AAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Helena Carter is amazing! She was such a perfect fit for her role! I KNEW I recognized her in the movie but I couldn't place her. I was looking into her IMDb after my dad told me this and I was actually amazed at how many movies she has been in that I have watched but not known her in! She was seriously in a TON of stuff!
Like Hamlet, Frankenstein, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Wallace and Gromit, Harry Potter of course, Sweeney Todd, Alice in Wonderland, The King's Speech, AAAAH! I'm definitely a fan of hers now.

I don't know the name of who played Marius, but...HAH!!!! HAAAHHH!!! I'm sorry if you like him, I don't.
Everytime he did a vibrato his head would start to shake up and down.
*cough cough*
My dad and I had fun imitating him in the car on the way home.

The guy who played Enjolras is apparently called Aaron Tveit. And it says here he auditioned for Finn on Glee, Bay. LOL, just a little trivia for you. I'm surprised he didn't get that role because his voice is much more fitted for pop music than Broadway.
His voice was weak. I was proud of him when he finally pushed and was like "the night that ends at laaaaaAAAAAAST!!" And I was like YES FINALLY!!!!! Everything else you've sang has been quiet, dude!

Sam Barks. Need I say more? I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO!! Hopefully if you've actually read my blog posts you know I love Sam and she's one of the best singers EVER!!! "On My Own" was another song that made me sad. YOU ROCK SAMANTHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, bobble-head Marius sang "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables" and that made me cry too, but for a different reason.
"Oh my friend, my friend! What did you, go to that waterfall foooorr...? An empty chair at an empty table...where my friend will go to school....no moooooorrreeee...."
I hate memories!!!!!!!

Oh, I almost forgot Daniel Huttlestone. I looked at his IMDb and APPARENTLY this is the only thing he's ever done. So I wonder how he got in..? He wasn't that...uh...I don't want to offend Gavroche so I'll let you decide an opinion for him.

They re-arranged the order of some of the songs, and I have to admit it made a bit more sense then the musical does. For example, in the beginning the third song is "The Runaway Cart" and instead of Javert seeing Valjean lift the cart and get suspicious but immediately after tell Valjean that someone caught the real Valjean (which never really made sense in the first place), Javert gets suspicious but doesn't say anything. Then it goes to "Lovely Ladies" and "I Dreamed a Dream" and THEN Javert goes to Valjean's office and tells him that he was suspicious but they caught the real Valjean and I'm certain you know how it progresses from there.

One thing I didn't like about it though is that there are two REALLY RANDOM songs that are not in the musical and someone just wrote them and placed them in there randomly. The words are more modern than the rest of them and I found that kinda stupid.

I stood up and clapped at the end except no one else did so I felt kinda awkward. I need BLTEam, they would have done that with me so I wouldn't be as embarrassed.

BUT I LOVED it and my family has been humming around the house. In fact, as I'm typing this, my mom is whistling "Fantine's Death!"
GO SEE IT IF YOU HAVEN'T!!! It's definitely worth the 5 bucks.

1 comment:

  1. I'm guessing you saw the Les Miserables movie? and no, I didn't look at the labels. It's showing in our cinemas soon, and I really really, want to watch it. But only for a few reasons:

    1. HUGH JACKMAN <3
    2. ANNE HATAWAY
    3. AMANDA SEYFRIEND
    4. Apparently it's a great movie, and It's also very popular!

    ReplyDelete