Thursday, January 17, 2013

This is what happens when you use the same tune over and over

The Confused Actor:
Tell me quickly what's the story
I will run him off his feet,
You were lodging here last night
Let him answer to Javert
That inspector thinks he's something
When he learned about your flight
Could he be the man I've hunted?
And God's blessing go with you.

Why? Try singing all of this.

Tell his reverence your story
Let us see if he's impressed
You were lodging here last night
You were the honest bishop's guest
And then out of pristine goodness
When he learned about your flight
You maintained he made a present of the silver
That is right

So monsieurs, you may release him
For this man has spoken true
I commend you for your duty
And God's blessing go with you

Tell me quickly what's the story
Who saw what and why and where
Let him give a full description
Let him answer to Javert
In this nest of whores and vipers
Let one speak who saw it all
Who laid hands on this good man here
What's the substance of this brawl

She will answer for her actions
When you make a full report
You are rest assured, monsieur
That she will answer to the court

I have heard such protestations
Every day for twenty years
Let's have no more explainations
Save your breath and save your tears

Could it be he's some old jailbird
That the tide now washes in
Heard my name and started running
Had the brand upon his skin
And the girl who stood beside him
When I turned they both had gone
Could he be the man I've hunted
Could it be he's Jean Valjean

Let the old man keep on running
I will run him off his feet
Everyone about your business
Clear this garbage off the street

That inspector thinks he's something
But it's me who runs this town
And my theatre never closes
And the curtain never down

No comments:

Post a Comment