Friday, March 22, 2013

March Music finds

Hello readers!
Pop music is constantly evolving, so I decided to share some of the music I've discovered and loved listening to this March. Top ten!

My tenth place song is Part of Me by Katy Perry. This song has been out for a while but I've always found it really inspirational and it's one of my favorite songs on my iPod.
Coming in ninth place is Heartbeat by Childish Gambino. This is probably the only song of his that I like, and it's because of the piano. (To be frank, I think it's worse with lyrics, I don't even bother listening to them)
Eighth would have to be Harlem Shake. I sorta got caught up in it, but it's just because the beat is really catchy. I'm a picky person when it comes to music, it's gotta have some good drums, synths, or bass. Then I adore it. I have specific tastes when it comes to things I find catchy.
Number seven is Don't Stop The Party by the Black Eyed Peas. I was once sooo addicted to this song. Every night at 10, when I was still in Cebu, this one radio station would play it and I would jam out to it on my nano until it was overwritten by the other songs. I LOVE the beat of this song, it's entirely catchy.
Sixth on my top ten list is Sweet Nothing. I like this song because after the chorus there's the really awesome kick drum part with the synths!!
My fifth place song is Feel This Moment by Pitbull and Christina Aguilera. The drums, again, are awesome, and the riff after the chorus is really catchy. I was humming it the other day and my mom told me that it originally came from some other song. But I don't know the name of it.
Coming in fourth is I'm Into You by JLo and Lil Wayne. It was released a while ago but the beat definitely reflects the Latina side and it's just head-bobbingly catchy.
Third is She-Wolf by Shakira. The first time I heard this song I fell in love with it. The tune is really catchy and every time Shakira goes "aooou!" it sounds really adorable. Her voice also goes really well with this song!
Number two is Backstabber by Ke$ha! I think I've loved all of her songs, but my favorite from them all fluctuates. Right now it's Backstabber. There's a little bit of language, but this is one of her better songs, the theme is to not backstab about people instead of some of the other themes. The beat and melody are terrific, too.
My top song for this March is If U Seek Amy by Britney Spears. Please don't take it phonetically, I know what it spells. I just find the tune incredibly catchy and it's actually about her overcoming a lot of the struggles she's faced from the media and being her own person. I think the melody is what got me hooked on this song.

So, I'll be back again eventually in April with a bunch of new songs I've found that I like. Tell me which ones you like or something. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment