Tuesday, September 25, 2012

From the mind of... (and a special mention)

Today was a terrific week in musical theatre history! It was Ramin Karimloo's birthday!
AAANND it was also someone else's birthday who I know!!! Happy birthday. I would make you a peach cake except it'd get squashed somewhere along the thousands of miles that we are separated by. So you'll have to settle with this picture.
Also in honor I am going to make my "From the mind of..." this time from a somewhat out of character Enjolras. With an appearance from a little person. Enjoy.
From the mind of...
Enjolras
Unbelievable. They call this a revolution? My men are hardly here half the time. They go off on tangents and disappear until they are replaced by others. Sometimes I consider doing the replacing. My life has been turned upside down. All of my friends that remain tease me about certain things...especially that Gavroche. He just won't leave me be, honestly. Everyone would have forgotten about it if it hadn't been for him. Anyways, I suppose I could get him back for that. I can attempt to try to tease him about vampires...but who knows how long that will last.
I remember all the stress that boy has put me through. There was that time that...I can't even remember. He has injured himself so much. He fought his father and refused to get stitches for a while and was confined to bed rest... And he never seemed to take care of himself. He denied my offer of lodging, it must have been twenty times, at least. Ah, but I still remember the time he attempted to go to school. Messed it up in an instant. Still, I am certain he considers me one of his closest friends.
Back to the matter of my friends, we should practice. The barricade needs to go into action any day now. Who knows, we could try fighting there. We could fight, and die valiantly, and reduce poor little Gavroche to tears even after he's dead. And we could come back the next day like nothing happened.
And...ah, it's complicated.
Speaking of complicated, that's what I think of when I think of Eponine. She... I don't know what to think about her. I thought I swore to myself that I would be devoted to the cause and  not even cast a second glance at women. But I seem...
No, none of that. Sure, perhaps her and I could have some kind of future, we could marry even and have a chi-...
What has gotten into me today? I must be stressed. Yes, that's it. Tired from studies. And the revolution. No one seems to understand how hard it is to juggle all of these things at the same time. It's...somewhat torturing. People always seem to wonder why I am so distant, and why I have no time for relationships...there's their reason. But I cannot say that to them, they would take it as a bourgeois remark. But the tire is unavoidable. And yet, I still have a speech to write for tomorrow......

1 comment: