Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Phantom of the Opera!!!

OMG! I JUST SAW THE PHANTOM. AND IF YOU'RE WONDERING, YES, CAPS LOCK IS NESSECARY.

IT WAS AMAZING!!!! THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO DESCRIBE IT. IT WAS PERFECT!

THE WONDERFUL LOWS OF THE PHANTOM WAS MAGNIFICENT. I LOVED THE WAY THAT IT THEY PLAYED WITH THE SPEAKERS AROUND THE THEATRE. OH, AND CHRISTINE! CHRISTINE!!! LET ME START FROM THE BEGINNING.

When I walked in to the theatre (We were almost there late! But we made it!!!) I was BLOWN AWAY by the set. The place I went to had no curtains so we could see the scene for the prologue. They had these REALLY cool billowy fabric things tha they pulled away dramatically when the overture started. So the prologue was cool. There was an old wheelchair Raoul.

Then they pulled off the cover of the chandelier and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! OHMIGOSH!!!!! HONESTLY, WHO DOESN'T LOVE THAT ORGAN?!!?!?!?!?!?!? IF ALL ELSE FAILS I WILL BE THE OFFICIAL ORGAN PLAYER FOR THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF PHANTOM!!!


Think of me was awesome too. The Christine sounded exactly like Sarah Brightman at parts!!!!!
We didn't have Sierra Boggess either, but I needed a good GIF to prove my point. We had Emilie Lynn. She was TERRIFIC!!!! 
http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/2494832134/2erhorhyyciqgda47zdz.jpeg
Emilie Lynn!
Angel of Music was cool. I didn't expect the Meg to sound the way that she did. I am a total sucker for the original London cast, so I expected her voice to be higher. But she was an AWESOME dancer!!!



And then Little Lotte. WOW. Amazing. RAOUL WAS BRILLIANT!!!!!! I have totally fallen in love with Anthony Downing's voice. 

AND THE PHANTOM!!!!!!! HE LEFT ME SPEECHLESS. WE HAD JONATHAN ROXMOUTH!! HE WAS A TERRIFIC BARITONE!!

He wasn't exactly a Michael Crawford, but his high notes sounded exactly like Ramin Karimloo's!!! (Who my friends make fun of me obsessing over by calling him Ramin Caribou.) Anyways, that satisfied my requirements. I loved it. And the Music of the Night was AWESOME!!!
  

And of course, our favorite opera managers did a brilliant job! Though I think they cast Andre wrong (aka Armand. In the book.) Like I said, I am a total ORIGINAL cast person and I was used to him having a voice higher like Raoul's. His was very low, but still brilliant!!! And of course, I love the souvenir I got.


One last pic for Ramin-- only a few people can pull off the deformed Phantom and still manage to look good.
 








3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I am not amused. You will rue the day you made fun of Ramin Karimloo...Bailey, that's all I ask of you! Wait, that didn't quite make sense.

      Delete