Thursday, September 20, 2012

From the mind of...

I am starting a "segment." I used to have a blog called Speeches before my time.  It didn't work out, but my plan was to write speeches that seem like they came from the 18 somethings so if you need to tell someone something you could do that in a really cool way. I thought, since I would still love to do that, I'd do it on here.
The theme for these will be "From the mind of...". You know how some people have sheets of paper that say "From the desk of" and then their name? I'm going to do that. And if you don't know who I'm talking about, you should go do some research. Or leave a comment and I'll elaborate. Enjoy and leave suggestions!
From the mind of...
Combeferre
Republic? That is what we are all striving for in our minds, to be self-governing. To have a life of justice where one may do what he pleases when he pleases without violating the monarch's rule. Do I think humankind can achieve this? Yes. Do I think we can achieve it? ...Perhaps not. I daren't say anything to our fearless leader, for he should surely think I have committed treason, but we all know this will not end well. 
Firstly, we lack the strength in arms and men. We have ten in numbers. That is not enough against all of the national guard they throw at us.
Secondly, though I would not like to admit such a thing, I am worried about Enjolras. For him, the circles under his eyes and the constant flow of books under his arm are normal. Lately, the circles have been darker, and the books more and more. He has been forced to carry a bookbag with him. How will our leader lead if he is too busy to keep up his health? I am not the only one who thinks so, Joly agrees with me. Then again, it is Joly...
We are in need of a fine muse also. They seem to believe fighting for a republic for Patria is enough of an inspiration, but I as a philosopher know that at some moments some may think that the muse of life is more important.
Am I to say something about all this? No. For I think it is better to die fighting to help the uprising of the people than to discourage the whole plan and leave us extinct of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment